Sunday, September 6, 2009

i love texas.


Out off any of the anti-Texas rhetoric Aggies like to throw around, the above piece probably chaps me most. Let's put decals on our cars with thumbs broken off. Wouldn't that be cute? jk! I spent this past weekend in Aggieland with my friend, Nicole. We ate at some typical college hangouts, including Chicken Oil and Blue Baker. We also made a trip out to Messina Hof, something I'd definitely recommend. For a mere $5 you receive an hour-long tour of the grounds and facilities, a complimentary wine glass, and samplings of 4 different wines bottled on site. Last night after the winery tour we watched the original 1981 version of Inglorious Bastards, directed by Enzo G. Castellari. I've yet to see the remake, so I can't offer anything in the way of a comparison just yet.

So many movies. <-- See this list at NPR detailing many of the films coming out this fall. Obviously we all want to see Where the Wild Things are, but I think Wes Anderson's kid flick, Fantastic Mr. Fox, might be some fun, too.

Time to hit the books...
<3
c.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You fell asleep and got ready for bed during Inglorious Bastards. I assume you will appreciate the remake better.