Wednesday, July 22, 2009

strike that. reverse it.


Strike what I said about axing AFS... after talking with some senior apprentices today, I think I may want to stick around. I find the idea of working in the film industry somewhat daunting; I was discouraged from ever seriously attempting it throughout my entire childhood. Your parents might indulge your fleeting fancies (i.e. Can I be a star, mommy? Of course you can!), but they'll keep you in check all the same. "Fun" careers are achieved only by a select and lucky few. I don't want to be an actress, nor do I particularly want to be famous. At the end of the day, I just want to feel validated by the work I'm doing and happy with myself. It seems like there are a gazillion parts and pieces of the film industry I could get my hands on, and maybe be successful at managing/working on someday down the road. Who knows? Life trajectory shifts yet again.

For kicks. To make reading this entry worth while, you know.

c.

p.s. Stop by The Marq tomorrow night (Wednesday) anytime until close for $2 domestics and awesome dj sets by both Ozton and Davros. I'll probably be there at some point in the night, barring natural disasters and other things of the sort.

No comments: