Saturday, April 4, 2009

so much sound.

Ricardo Villalobos at Fabric in London (March 28, 2009), courtesy of RA. Typical Ricardo <3

What I've been playing this weekend (whilst not studying)...
+ Loveless // Isn't Anything - My Bloody Valentine
+ Richard D. James Album - Aphex Twin
+ Songs About Dancing and Drugs - Circlesquare
+ Ferment - Catherine Wheel
+ The Blue Depths - Odawas
+ Pinback // Summer in Abaddon - Pinback
+ Wavvves - Wavves
+ Merriweather Post Pavilion - Animal Collective
+ Reincarnations - DJ Koze
+ The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
+ Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins

Thoughts & musings -

I discovered Odawas via Subterranean. Download 'Harmless Lover's Discourse free here.

Wavvves is pure noise... Loveless is much better noise...

I fell asleep to Aphex Twin on Wednesday.

'Loro' and 'Rousseau' are standout tracks off Pinback by Pinback.

'Black Metallic' off Ferment is delightful.

I don't know what to think about Merriweather just yet. I really still can't decide if I'm an Animal Collective fan... mmm

DJ Koze can mix like no other. See blog entry, 'sexy, sultry tunes' from Monday, Feb. 2nd.

The Smashing Pumpkins. Eternal Love.

---
Side note.
- Kim, Shanna, and I went to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! at Forty Acres Fest. The crowd lacked enthusiasm big time, but MEC did an impeccable job putting on the show. Kudos to John and the gang. Love this song -



Watch out for my Sunday night music post tomorrow :)

1 comment:

John_Meller said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out! I read this occasionally when I see it on your facebook, and I quite enjoy it!